Designed specifically for turbine engine aircraft with high temperature pitot heat, PitotShield V2™ ensures no pitot tube remains covered on takeoff.
The patent pending PitotShield V2™ disengages from the pitot tube within minutes of startup.
No melted mess on the pitot tube.
No runway FOD.
No rejected takeoffs.
PitotShield™ V2 Features
- Fully protects the pitot tube from contamination
- Heat resistant: Does not melt on the pitot tube if left on during power up
- FOD-Free: Breaks apart to small pieces and falls away after engine start
- Human Error Mitigation: disengages from the pitot tube well before reaching the taxiway
- Easily installed by hand or with install tool for out-of-reach pitot tubes
- Universal fit for virtually all turbine aircraft pitot tubes
- Tightens when disturbed by wind
- Impervious to solvents, avgas, and jet fuel
- Made from low-mass polymer/composite material
Compatible with Transport Category Aircraft, Including:
- And more