Representing over two years of research and development, the patent-pending Hot PitotShield™ is the only self-disengaging pitot cover for high-altitude corporate and airline turboprop and turbofan fleets.
DeGroff Aviation has engineered a sequence of four steps that allow the covers to protect the heated probes they are placed over, while disengaging prior to takeoff if missed during pre-flight. In addition, our technology will not harm airframes or engines when disengaging – either on the ground or airborne.
- Disengage automatically without harming engines or airframes
- Protect the lives of passengers and crew
- Save hundreds of thousands of dollars in aborted takeoff costs
- Provide full protection of pitot tubes from contamination while plane is on the ground
- Feature heavy-duty vinyl streamers, with daytime contrasting colors and reflective tips and lettering for nighttime recognition
- Will not pressurize pitot-static system
Hot PitotShields™ are currently available for: